Monday 27 March 2017

27/03/2017 Twitching at and near Dungeness

Monday 27 March 2017

A very late start today after my long journey to and from Norfolk yesterday.  
I got a text from Andrew at lunchtime alerting me to the presence of Red-crested Pochards at Scotney Gravel Pits.
  • It was 16.00 before I got there but thankfully a male and a female were still there in the middle of the lake.



I then decided to go on to Dungeness. 
  • At the ARC Hanson Hide there was little about - a couple of Pintails and a Goldeneye being the pick of the bunch.
  • I then walked to Cook's Pool but could not find the Ring-necked Duck or the Spoonbills that had been seen earlier.
  • With time running out, I decided to walk to the viewing ramp on Denge marsh where I was lucky to see a Bearded Tit in the reeds near the tray on the opposite side of the water.



200 up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.