Thursday 2 March 2017

02/03/2017 London Calling

Thursday 2 March 2017
Kensington Gardens, London

After a mad week, involving a 50th birthday party for my eldest son, I went up to Euston with one of my nephews who was leaving to go back to Cumbria.  On the way home I found time to detour to Kensington Gardens hoping to see a Little Owl.
  • I tried the area close to the Peter Pan statue and the region around the Henry Moore sculpture but on both occasions there was no Little Owl showing.  I even bumped into one of my heroes, Ralph Hancock  of http://kensingtongardensandhydeparkbirds.blogspot.co.uk/  fame, who showed me 2 other trees where the owls were known to be present but again they were not showing.
  • I asked Ralph about the Tawny Owls that were there 2 years ago and he told me that they are still there but they have, as yet, to be seen.  They could hear them and pinpoint them to within 50 metres but alas they could not see them.
  • In all, on my short visit, I saw 23 species the pick of which was a Treecreeper, loads of Ring-necked Parakeets and a couple of Egyptian Geese.



A lovely couple of hours, in the sunshine, in the capital city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.