Monday 6 March 2017

06/03/2017 Black Redstart but no Jack Snipe

Monday 6 March 2017

After dropping Garry off at Heathrow today I had the chance to go birding in the late afternoon.

  • I had no luck with Jack Snipe at West Rise Marsh but I did see at least 4 Common Snipe.
  • At Splash Point, Seaford, I saw a Black Redstart within minutes of arriving.  It was busy moving over the rocks in front of the cliffs.
  • Of course there were lots of Kittiwakes on the cliffs
  • My bad luck with Jack Snipe continued at Tidemills.  Although there were lots of dry patches, after the recent rainfall there were a few wet areas and these areas attracted the Snipe.  I counted over 10 Common Snipe but again no Jack Snipe.

A good use of a couple of hours at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.