Friday 30 January 2015

29/01/2015 Kumliens Gull at Littlehampton. Third time lucky!

Thursday 29th January 2015
West Beach,
Littlehampton

After 3 failed attempts,  I was relieved to get good views of the Iceland Gull (Kumliens) at West Beach, Littlehampton. 

Both times previously I had arrived late afternoon, in quite windy conditions.  Today it was bright and sunny with much lighter winds.

It took me 30 minutes or so to make the sighting as there were so many gulls to check.  Eventually it showed, just opposite me, on the other side of the water channel that ran out to the sea.  Then it flew a few metres closer and landed on the small wall to give me even better views. 

Addition to BUBO UK 2015 Bird List:
Icelandic Gull (Kumliens)  136


A good morning's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.