Friday 2 January 2015

02/01/2015 Weir Wood Reservoir - a late dash!

Friday 2nd January 2015
Weir Wood Reservoir

Despite the fabulous weather I wasn't able to go birding until 15.30.  I played it safe and visited Weir Wood reservoir hoping to catch the Mandarin Ducks  and the resident Marsh Tit.

  • There was no sign of the Mandarins - I probably got there too late and they had gone to roost. 

  • The Marsh Tit proved more accommodating and I had regular views when it came to the feeder. 

  • There was little to see on the water until the Geese came in for the night, including Greylags and Canada's. 


Additions to 2015 UK Bird List:
Buzzard    (44)
Robin   (45)
Marsh Tit   (46)
Coal Tit   (47)
Chaffinch   (48)
Moorhen    (49)
Dunnock   (50)
Black-headed Gull   (51)
Great Spotted Woodpecker   (52)
Canada Goose   (53)
Gadwall   (54)






I really enjoyed my hour or so in these peaceful surroundings, managing to add a few more species to  my 2015 UK list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.