Thursday 15 January 2015

15/01/2015. Ashdown Forest. Ravens and Redwings

Thursday 15th January 2015
Ashdown Forest

With the awful overnight gales and rain I did not venture out till 15.00 hours.  I decided to stay close to home and targeted Redwings in the Ashdown Forest at Old Lodge.  I had seen a flock of them at the far end of the reserve on a previous visit just before Xmas.

  • True to form a large group of 30+ Redwings were feeding on the ground in the self-same place as before and I was able to watch them for nearly 30 minutes in the lovely evening sunset.

  • A few metres further down the reserve I watched a fabulous pair of Ravens enjoying some sort of courtship routine in the adjacent MOD land.

Not a bad end to a very weather troubled 24 hours.





Additions to UK 2015 Bird List:
Redwing.  (98)
Raven.  (99)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.