Wednesday 21 January 2015

21/01/2015 White Fronted Geese at Pett Level then a Great Grey Shrike at Chilham

Wednesday 21st January 2015

  • I was debating whether to go east or west today when I got a text from Andrew to say that he had seen a small flock of White Fronted Geese earlier this morning  - so east it was to Pett Level!  Soon after I got there I spotted 4 of them with some Greylags,  a little further east and north of where I saw the Lesser Yellowlegs last week.

  • As it was still only 12.45 I decided to go further east, into Kent, to twitch the Great Grey Shrike at Chilham.  It was exactly where the Bird Guides report had said it was earlier, Branch Lane, TR074533.  Branch Lane is a minor road and all I had to do was to pull up on the bridge, wind down the car window and use my binoculars to get excellent views barely 30 metres away to my right - no need for the telescope.  


A smashing twitch and well worth the drive.
 
 
 
 
 
Additions to BUBO 2015 UK Bird List:
White Fronted Goose   (113)
Great Grey Shrike   (114)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.