Saturday 3 January 2015

03/01/2014. Long Eared Owls at Horse Eye Levels, Pevensey

Saturday 3rd January 2015
Horse Eye Level, Pevensey


The weather today was shocking resulting in my going out being delayed until 14.30.  I cut my losses and headed for Pevensey Levels hoping for a sighting of the Short Eared Owls and possibly the Richard's Pippit.

The rain continued all the time I was there, making it highly unlikely that I would see much of my target birds.  However, just before 15.00, I was rewarded with superb views of 3 close Short Eared Owls flying low in the field directly in front of me; two of them seemed to be having an altercation

Earlier I had seen 4 Pintails as I waited in the car when there was heavy rain.  They were happily going about their business in the pond that had formed from the downpour along with scores of Canada and Greylag Geese.



Additions to 2015 UK Bird List:
Pintail.  (55)
Short Eared Owl.  (56)





Once again, a short trip but well worth the effort!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.