Tuesday 6 January 2015

06/01/2014 Jevington for Rough-Legged Buzzard then Horse Eye Level for Short-eared Owls

Tuesday 6th January 2015

Yet another day when I could only find a couple of hours to go birding and it was mid-afternoon before I got going.

Jevington
Made another visit to Jevington to see the Rough-legged Buzzard.  Initially it was not there and I began to think it was going to be a re-run of New Years Day when I was one of a few not to see it.  After a short wait however it appeared from the bright sunlight made a short flight before settling in the bushes at the right hand end of the wood as viewed from the car park.

Horse Eye Levels
I  just had enough time to get to the Pevensey Levels to look for the Richard's Pipit and look for the Short-eared Owls again.  I dipped again on the pipit but managed to see 3 "shorties" before it got too dark.




Additions to 2015 UK Bird List:
Rough-legged Buzzard   (57)
Stonechat    (58)
Sparrowhawk   (59)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.