Sunday 19 January 2014

17/01/2014 Twitching in Margate

Friday 17th January 2014
Margate Cemetery

I decided to make the long trip to Margate to "twitch" the Hume's Yellow-browed Warbler at the cemetery. It had been reported several times recently but this turned out to be a rare failure.  Perhaps it was the awful weather today that caused the no show.  More likely was that it was there but I and the two other birders were looking in the wrong place.  Maybe I will try again when the rains go. 

There was some compensation when I saw a couple of Ring-necked Parakeets in the trees as I waited for the main bird.


Weir Wood Reservoir

On the way home I called in at Weir Wood to do some birdwatching from a hide to shelter from the rain.   Water levels were very high meaning many birds were not present.  However I did manage to add to my year list when a lovely, resident, Marsh Tit visited the feeders.



Addition to 2014 UK Bird List:
Ring-necked Parakeet (114)
Marsh Tit   (115)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.