Monday 9 April 2018

09/04/2018 Rye Harbour for the Stilts

Monday 9th April 2018
Rye Harbour NR and District

With the weather being not so good, I took the opportunity to go back to Rye Harbour - this time targeting 2  Black-winged Stilts.
  • As I arrived 3 other birders were already watching the them from the mound just west of Harbour Farm.  The birds were about 100 metres away and set apart by about the same distance.  Over the duration of my stay they moved closer together and approached within 30 metres of our viewing point, much to the appreciation of the photographer.  The views were excellent!

  • Black-winged Stilts
    courtesy of Sussex Wildlife Trust and Facebook
  • On the way there and on the return leg, I heard my first Sedge Warblers of the year.
  • As I was driving out along Harbour Road I had an instinctive feeling that the churchyard might be home to a Black Redstart.  I was wrong - the bird was in the industrial plot of land adjacent to the church on its NW side.

Very pleased with this short visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.