Monday 29 January 2018

29/01/2018 RSPB Dungeness, Kent

Monday 29 January 2018
RSPB Dungeness, Kent

I went down to Dungeness specifically to see the 35 Bewick Swans come in to roost around dusk.  Unfortunately, they didn't arrive.


  • I did, however, manage to see my first Lesser Black-backed Gull of 2018.
  • Earlier I saw the Slavonian Grebe from the Christmas Dell Hide.  It was showing really well, as were the 3 Smew.
  • On my way, I stopped at the double bend near Scotney to get a good view of one of two Taiga Bean Geese.


I met young Jack Headley and Plodding Birder and spent a really good hour or so in their company at the ARC Hanson Hide waiting for the swans to arrive. 12-year-old Jack was visiting the reserve with his dad and he kept everyone on their toes with his questions and quips - a breath of fresh air!

I will try again for the Bewick's, later this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.