Tuesday 16 January 2018

16/01/2018 2 Barn Owls at Weir Wood Reservoir and a male Hen Harrier on Pevensey Levels

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Weir Wood Reservoir, East Sussex
  • Whilst working on Pintail Bank we managed to disturb a couple of Barn Owls which flew out of the nest boxes and into the nearby woods.  Great views and a good omen for the summer!
  • Also disturbed were at least 10 Snipe.
  • I saw my first Buzzard of the year, my first Stock Dove of the year and my first Fieldfares shortly afterwards.


Pevensey Levels, East Sussex
  • Late afternoon saw me on Pevensey Levels, at Horse Eye, where I was rewarded with fabulous views of a male Hen Harrier as it moved across the reed bed before dropping down.  45 minutes later I got another view of the same bird as it moved 30-40 metres from where it was to what I presume was its roosting place.
  • Also on view was a great White Egret and my first Little Egret of the year.



I think I may have seen my UK bird of the year already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.