Wednesday 23 March 2016

23/03/2016 Seaford Head

Wednesday 23 March 2016
Seaford Head, East Sussex

Another glorious morning so I continued yesterday's quest to find the first Wheatear of 2016, this time at Seaford Head on my own. 


  • There were plenty of Meadow Pipits and Stonechats but alas I could not find any Wheatears.



Today's species list:

Black –headed Gull
Little Egret
Blackbird
Magpie
Canada Goose
Meadow Pipit
Carrion Crow
Raven
Chaffinch
Robin
Common Gull
Shelduck
Cormorant
Skylark
Curlew
Stonechat
Dunnock
Wigeon
Feral Pigeon

Gadwall

Great Black-backed Gull

Grey Heron

Herring Gull
(25)
Jackdaw

Kestrel






No luck again but I had a good walk from Splash Point down to the cottages on the west side of the Cuckmere before returning via the higher route.






Later on that night between 18.30 and 19.30, whilst helping Chris D with a Toad's Survey, I heard my first Tawny Owl of 2016.


Addition to BUBO 2016 UK Bird List:
Tawny Owl   (155)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.