Sunday 31 January 2016

31/01/2016 Black Redstart and Spotted Redshank at Tide Mills this afternoon.


Sunday 31st January 2016
Tide Mills, Newhaven, East Sussex


Another wet day with persistent drizzle and it wasn't until late afternoon that I was able to get out.  


  • Soon after I arrived at Tide Mills I spotted a fabulous male Black Redstart in it's usual habitat by the warehouses.  For the next few minutes I was able to see it as it hopped on and off the boundary fence 30 - 40 metres to the east of where I was standing.



  • I returned by the route on the north side of the creek where I found the Spotted Redshank which stood out among the dozen or so Common Redshanks by the side of the water.



  • My luck ran out when I went after the Jack Snipe.  In 45 minutes there wasn't even a sniff of a Common Snipe, let alone a Jack Snipe.





Additions to BUBO 2016 UK Year List:
Black Redstart   (132)
Spotted Redshank   (133)




I was delighted to get out on a day which was not conducive to birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.