Sunday 10 January 2016

10/01/2016 Dungeness with the East Grinstead RSPB Group a.m. only

10th January 2016
RSPB Dungeness 

Spent the morning at Dungeness NR with my East Grinstead RSPB Local Group.  Unfortunately the weather was the worst so far with low temperatures to add to the heavy downpours.


  • We used the hides to shelter from the rain.  Most of the birds were present and I managed to add Goldeneye,  Pintail, Chiffchaff and Cetti's Warbler to my year list.  Bird of the day, on the water, was a lovely Redhead Smew.

  • As soon as the rain stopped we returned to the centre to see the Long-eared Owl which was showing really well.

I left the group around 11 a.m. to get back home.


  • On my way home I found the Barnacle Geese in the usual place but it was waterlogged after the heavy rain so there were few other birds around. 

Additions to BUBO 2016 UK Bird List:
102   Goldeneye 
103   Chiffchaff   
104   Pintail
105   Cetti's Warbler (heard only)
106   Barnacle Goose




Another brief but worthwhile trip in the most dreadful weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.