Saturday 23 January 2016

23/01/2016 Dartford Warbler but no Shrike on Ashdown Forest

Saturday 23rd January 2016
Ashdown Forest

Went looking for the Shrike again today after 4 unsuccessful attempts this week.  My luck was still out but there was lots of compensation when I heard then saw a lovely Dartford Warbler.




Addition to BUBO 2016 UK Bird List
Dartford Warbler   124



  • On Tuesday during my volunteer work at Weir Wood Reservoir, we started hedge laying, using Hazel wood  - can't wait to do more.



  • On the garden feeders lately, as well as the usual tits and Goldfinch, we have had Siskins, Nuthatch, Coal Tit and even a female Bullfinch.



  • Although the shrike is eluding me it has still proved beneficial and I have seen Redpolls, Siskins and Great Spotted Woodpecker etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.