Thursday 2 January 2020

01/01/2020 A quiet start to the new birding year

Wednesday 1 January 2020
Uckfield

With a lunchtime KO for the Brighton v Chelsea fixture, the only chance to get some birding in was when I walked the dogs in the morning before I left for the game.

It was lovely to hear birdsong on such a drab, overcast day.  The song thrushes dominated the scene, dunnocks were also in fine voice and the green woodpecker "yaffled" loudly.


As I walked the dogs in the evening, I heard the sound of a distant tawny owl, which was rather nice.

Here's my day 1 list:
Blackbird
Blue Tit
Carrion Crow
Collared Dove
Dunnock
Great Tit
Green Woodpecker
Herring Gull
House Sparrow
Jackdaw
Magpie
Mallard
Pied Wagtail
Robin
Song Thrush
Starling
Tawny Owl
Woodpigeon
Wren


A nice quiet start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.