Tuesday 23 October 2018

23/10/2018 Great Grey Shrike and Goshawk in the Ashdoown Forest

22/10/2018
Wrens Warren, Ashdown Forest, Sussex

Following a post from Alastair I called in at Wrens Warren in the Ashdown Forest to look for the Great Grey Shrike.
  • There was no sign of the shrike but I was one of the fortunate ones to get a couple of really good sightings of a Goshawk flying above the trees of 500 Acre Wood
Good views of a Goshawk was not a bad consolation prize!


23/10/2018
Wrens Warren, Ashdown Forest, Sussex

Not to be deterred, I returned at lunchtime today, after my voluntary work at Weir Wood Reservoir.
  • This time I was on my own but soon found the Great Grey Shrike in its favoured dead tree and showing really well in the bright sunshine.  It flew around the adjacent area several times but came back to the same place repeatedly.
A Goshawk and a Great Grey Shrike on my own doorstep - wow!


Thanks Alastair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.