Wednesday 24 August 2016

24/08/2016 On my Patch.

Wednesday 24/08/2016
Ashdown Forest

I did 2 shifts on my patch today, starting with Press Ridge Warren in the morning and returning in the afternoon to go round Churlwood.  

It was baking hot with temperatures reaching 30C at one point. 

The most surprising moment came in the evening session when I came across a Naked Rambling group making their way back to the car park after one of their walks!




Press Ridge Warren

There was quite a bit of activity here  - but no honey buzzards.  The highlights are described below.


  • Pick of the bunch for me was a hobby seen flying above the trees in the valley below me.

  • The whinchat, seen by others last week, was still there today and showed well on the fence to the side of the downhill path.


  • A family of stonechats provided me with a prolonged period of amusement.

  • At least 6 linnets stuck around for some time.









Churlwood


  • Things were much quieter here in the evening but I did get a patch tick when I saw a redstart near the Harold MacMillan clump.

  • Near the end of the walk I came across the Naked Ramblers - fortunately at a safe distance for me to avoid an embarrassing situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.