Sunday 21 August 2016

20/08/2016 Dungeness in the evening

Saturday 20 August 2016
Dungenness


I finally surfaced from watching the Olympics and lunchtime live football to head down to the coast, late afternoon, hoping to see some of the black terns and balearic shearwaters that were on passage.

Sea Watch at the Fishing Boats
I got what I deserved here - there had been some good activity earlier but it was over by the time I arrived.  I had to be content with the usual suspects- 'commic terns', gannets, gulls and grebes.

ARC Hide and Screen Hide
A few islands have appeared in the ARC hide area since my last visit and they are attracting the birds at last.  A dunlin and a couple of little ringed plovers were the highlight.


Nice to be in the company of Plover and Plodding Birder by the fishing boats!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.