Monday 15 August 2016

15/08/2016 Spoonbill at Rye Harbour NR

Monday 15 August 2016
Rye Harbour NR, East Sussex

Spent the afternoon and evening at Rye Harbour NR.  I needed to get out having spent the whole weekend watching soccer and the Olympics on TV.

There were not many birds around but there was a spoonbill which I saw first by the Narrow Pits as it fed in shallow water.  Minutes later I got superb views as it flew past me and into the new saltmarsh area where it started to feed again in the shallow water.

After this I made my way to Castle Water where a greenshank and a common sandpiper were the main highlights.

On my way back to the car, at dusk, there must have been 2000 to 3000 greylag geese coming in to roost - a noisy but spectacular event.


Birds were few and far between today but I did see a rather special one - and managed to do my 10 000 steps today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.