Thursday 5 May 2016

05/05/2016 200 Up!



Thursday 5 May 2016
Splash Point, Seaford, East Sussex

A couple of hours seawatching at Splash Point produced a decent show of birds, including sandwich and common terns, little gulls, black-throated diver, common scoter, gannets, sanderling and grey plover (including one in stunning summer plumage).
  • Top of the show however went to the 3 pomarine skuas that came by just before I left at 10.15.  
  • Several arctic skuas and a "bonxie"(seen just after I arrived at 07.35) came a close second.  

I missed out on the black tern - maybe I will have better luck on another day!



Additions to BUBO 2016 UK Year List:
Great Skua   (199)
Pomarine Skua   (200)



200 up!   A total I didn't think I would reach this year so I can now sit back and enjoy the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.