Tuesday 9 June 2015

09/06/2015 Ashdown Forest Patch Report

Honey Buzzards
I have conducted 3 watches so far, all unsuccessful, 2 on my patch and 1 overlooking Gills Lap.

Red Kite
I was delighted to see a Red Kite fly over my patch yesterday morning - the first one I have seen here.

Nightjars
  • I have seen Nightjars every time I have been out but only singles.  There was a female 2 weeks or so ago and males since then. 

  • The activity has been much less than previous years with the males only churring for a short time then disappearing.

  • The good news is I have seen them at 4 different locations on the forest.

Woodcock
There have been lots of these at Hindleap.  Last night I had ten sightings between 9pm and 10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.