Sunday 3 May 2015

23/04/2015 Old Lodge NR Redstarts, Cuckoo etc




Thursday 23rd April 2015
Old Lodge NR, Ashdown Forest

After a couple of hours at home, I  managed to squeeze in a couple of extra hours birding at Old Lodge in the late afternoon/early evening to supplement this mornings efforts - and boy was I rewarded.

From the car park I soon saw heard and saw my first Willow Warbler of the year, followed shortly by a smashing close up of a Tree Pipit. 

As I wandered round the reserve looking for Redstarts I could hear a Cuckoo in the background and after a while it was so close I could see it nestled high in a tree above my path.

The Redstarts were proving more elusive than expected but I eventually located a couple in the usual place by the fence line that runs parallel to the main road to Hartfield.


Additions to BUBO 2015 UK Bird List:
Willow Warbler   (194)
Tree Pipit   (195)
Cuckoo   (196)
Redstart   (197)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.