Sunday 30 April 2017

30/04/2017 Bits and Pieces

Tuesday 25 April 2017
Weir Wood Reservoir
  • I managed to pick out a Common Tern and a Garden Warbler as I went about my Snake Survey at Weir Wood today.


Thursday 27 April 2017
Mickle Mere SWT
  • I decided to twitch the Glossy Ibis at Mickle Mere SWT on the way up to Norfolk to join up with Chris Mills for a couple of days birding on the north-west coast.  What a quaint little site, 150 metres from the Water Mill.  This bird had just arrived today and was almost certainly the same one that had been seen at nearby RSPB Lakenheath. 
  • After dropping my bags off at the Burleigh Hotel in Hunstanton I just had enough time to dash round to RSPBTitchwell before meeting up with Adrian for dinner at the Chives.  Among the many birds on show were several Ruff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.