Saturday 22 April 2017

22/04/17 Lesser Yellowlegs at Dungeness

22 April 2017
RSPB Dungeness and Scotney GP in Kent


  • After a Lesser Yellowlegs was reported at RSPB Dungeness, there was only one place to go.  By the time I arrived the best views were from the visitors centre.  It was on the far side of Burrowes, on the left island and showing really well.  This made up for the disappointment of missing out in Dorset several weeks ago.
  • I then moved on to the coast where I saw a cracking Arctic Skua from the fishing boats in the company of Plodding Birder and 2 of his friends.  Unfortunately, the weather improved just afterwards and the flow of birds stopped.
  • On the way home I stopped off at Scotney GP to see my first Yellow Wagtail of the year. 

A flying visit but well worth the effort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.