Wednesday 5 April 2017

05/04/2017 Redstart!

Wednesday 5 April 2017
Old Lodge, Ashdown Forest


  • I saw my first Redstart of 2017 this morning at Old Lodge.  My first view was of it flying away from me but after a patient interlude, I was rewarded with a stunning view of this splendid male as it perched on a branch of a nearby dead tree.
  • Also seen and heard was a Raven.  It was making a very loud noise as it guarded its nest.
  • The usual suspects were present in good numbers but I had no luck with migrant Willow Warblers or Tree Pipits.

The redstart was almost in the same position as in previous years - at the bottom of the hill some 25 metres further downhill from the small pond and in the dead tree near the fence line, adjacent to the large holly bush.  TQ462310.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.