Thursday 12 January 2017

12/01/2017 Out and about locally



Tues 10 January 2017
Weir Wood Reservoir, East Sussex
  • After the excitement of the Crossbills this morning it was off to work at Weir Wood reservoir after lunch.   Even here I was able to add Marsh Tit and Treecreeper to my year list.





Wed 11 January 2017   
Stonehill, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex

  • I had no luck finding any Dartford Warblers - my target bird.
  • I did however come across a flock of 25+ Linnets as I walked round the site.
  • A lovely Mistle Thrush was feeding on the ground, as I made my way back to the car park.
  • A Song Thrush soon joined it, followed by 4 or 5 Redwings.




Thur 12 January 2017    
Newhaven Tidemills, East Sussex 

  • I took the opportunity of a convenient high tide to look for Purple Sandpipers at Newhaven Tidemills. True to form there were at least 8 of these beauties showing really well. Surprisingly they were on top of the east pier with some Turnstones - on every occasion previously they were below the pier near the water level.
  • Fulmars were flying close to the cliffs on the west side.
  • Also seen was a Meadow Pipit, a Redshank and 3 Stonechats.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.