Wednesday 6 August 2014

06/08/2014 A Cattle Egret at last!

Wednesday 6th August 2014
Siddlesham nr Chichester

I have been tempted several times this year to travel out of county to "twitch" the Cattle Egrets that have been seen at various places across the country but each time my friends persuaded me against it saying that one will turn up in Sussex at some stage.  True enough, one was reported at Siddlesham yesterday and Paul and I tried, unsuccessfully, to see it after we had finished seeing the Long-tailed Skua last night. 

Today I again made the long trip down to Chichester and this time I was successful in the very same place we tried last night.  The egret was in the fields, with the cows, and showing very well as I arrived. 
Cattle Egret
Library picture



 
Shortly afterwards it took to the air and I was able to get a different view of it.


Cattle Egret flying
Library picture
 

What a relief!






Addition to UK 2014 Bird List:
Cattle Egret   (251)



Addition to UK Life List:
Cattle Egret   (270)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.