Friday 14 May 2021

Cattle Egret at Charleston Reedbed

Thursday 13 May 2021

Charleston Reedbed, Sussex


First chance to go down to the River Cuckmere to look for the Cattle Egret that had been around for a few days. 

I decided to park near the church at Litlington and walk south along the riverbank.  

  • Eventually I found it associating with the cattle (of course) mid-way between the Charleston Reedbeds and Exceat.  As I didn't have my scope with me the views were rather distant so I made the long walk back to the car and then drove to the Friston Forest car park where I enjoyed much better views of this lovely bird which is rapidly spreading in Sussex


   An easy twitch and some very useful exercise at one of my favourite areas by the coast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.