Sunday 7 March 2021

Lockdown Birding Update

Saturday 6 March 2021

Update

Today I added to my 2021 year list for the first time since 12 January.  

At a pond just south of Victoria Park in Uckfield I saw my first Coot of the year!  Shortly afterwards I saw my first Skylark - singing away 20 metres above the field in which I was walking.

I have been sticking rigidly to the lockdown rules so finding it hard to see new species.  I am keeping fit and walking in the community with and without the dogs.   Most of my usual routes are now crowded with lots of folks out taking exercise.  I'm not driving so can't get to the Ashdown Forest, Weir Wood Reservoir, Arlington Reservoir or the South Coast. 

The Coot and the Skylark brought my year list total up to 71 - my lowest, at this point, since I started birding.


Can't wait to get going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.