Wednesday 17 March 2021

16/03/2021 Snake Survey - preparations for the 2021 survey at Weir Wood Reservoir

Tuesday 16 March 2021

Weir Wood Reservoir,  Sussex

Back volunteering at Weir Wood Reservoir for the first time this year.  Bob D and myself sorted out the 65+ sheets we will need; replacing missing or damaged sheets with new ones and positioning the rest ready for our weekly survey.

  • No snakes yet but 2 voles 12 mice 6 toads and the star of the show a lovely water shrew.
  • I even managed to add a Treecreeper to my 2021 year list for birds.
  • No sign of any Kingfishers, Mandarins or Stock Doves in the 15 minute slot I allowed myself at the end of the survey.
  • The new Tern raft, funded by the Barbara Mortlock legacy, via the SOS, was floated into position today and looked superb.


Good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.