Friday 18 January 2019

18/01/2019 Weir Wood Reservoir, Sussex

Friday 18 January 2019
Weir Wood Reservoir

I spent a couple of hours at Weir Wood Reservoir this afternoon.  It was cold but the sun was shining and the light was good.

  • I spotted my first Grey Wagtail of 2019.  It was in the usual channel between the dam and the car park near the Southern Water buildings.
  • There was a mixed flock of about 30 Redwings and Fieldfare in the field behind the Southern Water buildings.
  • At the west end I saw Marsh Tits, Coal Tit, Nuthatch as well as the usual tits and finches.
  • A Kingfisher flew into the bay to the east of the hide and my last sighting was a Mandarin flying west, low over the water.

A peaceful couple of hours at a favourite site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.