Wednesday 9 January 2019

08/01/2019 Ring-necked Duck at West Rise Marsh

Tuesday 8 January 2019

  • I arrived early for work at Weir Wood Reservoir  (Tuesday is voluntary conservation work day)  so that I could get some birdwatching in before the 09.30 start time.  I had a target list of 6 birds for the 2019 year list but incredibly I managed to see none of them.!

  • As I was driving home I received a text from Alastair and another from Matt about a Ring-necked Duck at West Rise Marsh.  After a rushed lunch I headed down to the outskirts of Eastbourne to the site in question.  I walked to the far side of the lake to view the ducks with the sun behind me.  After a while I spotted the likely suspect.  Soon Gareth and Bridget arrived and confirmed my sighting.
 
courtesy of Gareth James


courtesy of Gareth James




  • As well as the Ring-necked Duck I added Canada Goose to my year list today.

  • Not a bad day - finally!
  • Thanks to Alastair, Matt and Gareth -  I'm so lucky to have 3 of the finest young birders in Sussex looking after my interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.