Friday 31 August 2018

31/08/2018 Wryneck at Newhaven Tidemills

Friday 31 August 2018
Newhaven Tidemills

I responded to another RBA alert - this time of a Wryneck at Newhaven, Tidemills.  I checked it out on Twitter and found out that the sighting was by Jake Gearty.  So off I went.

  • 2 other birders were in the area but neither had seen the bird.  
  • After I made several circuits round the reptile survey area I ventured into the scrub, some 50 metres further inland  where I came across 3 other birders who were already watching the Wryneck.  
  • Having gathered everyone in the correct place, we enjoyed uninterrupted views of this rare bird as it basked in the sunshine at the top of a bush some 25 metres away.
  • Also seen: a Whincat, several Linnets, at least 3 Wheatear, a flock of Goldfinch and a Greenfinch.


Thanks Jake and the Shoreham/Worthing birders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.