Thursday 24 November 2016

23/11/2016 Rye Harbour NR

Wednesday 23 November 2016
Rye Harbour NR, East Sussex

Missed out on the scaup today at Rye Harbour NR.   I was sure that I was looking at one in the scope, only to discover it was a female tufted duck with a large amount of white at the base of the bill.  I need to get smarter and nail this ID next time.

  • No problem with the stunning drake pintail with an accompanying female, seen from Denny Hide.


  • Or the black-necked grebe seen from the Ternery Pool.


  • I don't think I have ever seen so many little grebes in one place.


  • Grey plovers, golden plovers, dunlin and a snipe were the pick of the rest.




Missed the target bird but still had a smashing time in superb weather conditions.  33 species seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.