Friday 19 February 2016

19/02/2016 Water Pipit and Jack Snipe

Friday 19th February 2016


Charleston Reed Beds

An afternoon visit produced a positive result when I got good views of the Water Pipit that Paul had alerted me to last week and David W had since reported on the SOS website.


Newhaven Tide Mills
Last time I had no luck when I looked for the Jack Snipe.  This time I found a Snipe and then a Jack Snipe within 30 minutes of arriving.  The J.S. flew low for about 30 metres before landing.  Forewarned is forearmed so when I flushed it a second time I was able to get my bins on it to confirm my earlier ID


Additions to BUBO 2016 UK Year List .
Water Pipit   (0149)
Jack Snipe   (0150)

150 up!   
Not bad considering I missed the Scotland trip in the new year and the Ashdown Bird Group's Norfolk trip, which started yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.