Saturday 6 February 2016

06/01/2016 South Coast Outing - Red-necked Grebe


Saturday 6th February 2016
South Coast


DELL QUAY

  • Started early at Dell Quay ahead of the incoming tide. Managed to spot the Whimbrel in it's usual place.  Unable to find a Greenshank.  
  • Other highlights included a small flock (6+) of Yellowhammers, a Rock Pipit, loads of Brent Geese, Wigeon and Black-tailed Godwits.



NORTHNEY

  • I relocated just over the border to Northney on Hayling Island in Hampshire where I soon spotted the Red-necked Grebe, my main target bird.  Thankfully it was close to me by the marina slipway and I was able to get excellent views.



  • Also present were a couple of Greenshanks  -  my target bird for Dell Quay.



Church Norton

  • My final port of call was Church Norton back in West Sussex where among the usual waders there were a good number of Knot, another target bird for today.





Additions to BUBO 2016 UK Year List:
Whimbrel   (139)
Red-necked Grebe   (140)
Greenshank   (141)
Knot   (142)



A great day out - even managed to listen to England beat South Africa in the second ODI!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.