Friday 6 February 2015

06/02/2015 Slavonian Grebe at Arlington Reservoir

Friday 6th February 2015



Arlington Reservoir
Got a call from Paul about a Slavonian Grebe at Arlington Reservoir so I changed my plans which were to go to Pevensey Levels. 

The grebe was showing well,  just to the west of the main ducks and the 3 Egyptian Geese'  I was thankful to view it from the calm of the hide after catching the NE winds full on as I approached from the south. 

The ducks included Teal, Wigeon and Pintails.  Also much in evidence were the usual Gulls, Cormorants and Great-crested Grebes.

Addition to BUBO UK 2015 Bird List:
Slavonian Grebe   (149)




Pevensey Levels
I finally got to the Pevensey Levels after lunch.  My main aim was to walk from the Hailsham end into the marsh.  Parking the car was the main problem but the walk was as good as expected. 

The highlight was the huge number of winter thrushes around - mainly Redwings but also Fieldfares.  As well as the corvids there were lots and lots of Lapwings around.  I stopped after a while as the bitterly cold winds in this exposed area were really biting hard









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.