Thursday 2 October 2014

01/10/2014 Climping Gap - not much going on here today!

Wednesday 1st October 2014
Climping Gap

This was supposed to be a group activity run by Paul but it was cancelled because of low uptake.  I had only visited this site once before so I decided to give it a go on my own.  Paul had targeted migratory birds so I had a focus.  Rain was falling as I arrived but it soon cleared up to give a bright, sunny morning.

There were a few migratory birds around, mainly Chiffchaffs and Meadow Pipits but not a great deal more.




Today's species list:
Chiffchaff
Linnet
Meadow Pipit
Skylark
Grey Heron
Black-headed Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Carrion Crow
Woodpigeon  (10)
Swallow
House Martin
Chaffinch
Goldfinch
Greenfinch
Sanderling
House Sparrow
Robin
Wren
Blackbird   (20)
Cormorant





Not many birds but I did have a good morning stroll on the coast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.