Friday 12 January 2024

Waxwings now seen from my kitchen window!

1st January 2024

Mallard Drive, Uckfield, Sussex


I was all ready to go down to Maresfield to see the waxwings when I looked out of my kitchen window to see a flock of 20+ waxwings perched in the canopy of the tall trees.  

I was gobsmacked!  

They stayed for about 30 minutes before flying away.  A couple of days later, whilst walking the dog, I noticed a large flock just down from my house, this time feeding on the berries.  They obviously hadn't left so I put the alert out on social media and the rest is, as they say, history.  

The waxwings stayed for 8 days before moving a couple of hundred metres away to the junction of Eastbourne Road and New Road.  As of today (12/01/2024) they are still there and showing well at times.

Numbers have exceeded the 100 mark.







A happy Waxwing New Year to everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.