Wednesday 5 July 2023

A Dungeness "Twitch"

Monday 26th June 2023

RSPB Dungeness

I took the opportunity to dash down to Dungeness to twitch the little stint at the ARC Hanson Hide.  

  • I soon located the bird on the edge of the nearest island.  It was in summer plumage and looked really good as it paraded along the waterline.
courtesy of Plodding Birder and Twitter

  • As luck had it, there was also a wood sandpiper on an adjacent island, looking equally stunning.
courtesy of Los Birder and Twitter


My luck ran out when I went on to Rye Harbour NR.  Despite my best efforts I was unable to see a single little tern even though quite a good number were known to be present.


A worthwhile twitch!

2023 species count = 180

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.