Sunday 9 April 2023

Weir Wood Reservoir and then a twitch down at Iford Brooks.

Tuesday 4th April 2023

Weir Wood Reservoir, sussex

  • While doing the snake survey this morning we saw a mandarin pair fly over the water.
  • later on I got my first blackcap of the year.



Thursday 6th April 2023
Iford Brooks, Sussex

My first visit to this local site proved very productive.
  • I saw one of the two garganey that have been around for a few days.  It was moving along the far edge of the water, enjoying the conditions.
  • On the track leading to the brooks I heard and then saw my first redstart of the year in the tree nearby - an unusual place for it to be so presumably it was newly arrived and feeding before continuing its journey.

2023 species count = 139


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.