Thursday 15 September 2022

Success at Weir Wood Reservoir at last!

Weir Wood Reservoir

14th August 2022

I can't believe the bad luck I have had at Weir Wood Reservoir lately.  

  • Despite numerous visits, I have yet to be present when an osprey was around.  
  • There was also a purple heron around recently but not when I visited - I missed it by 30 minutes or so.
  • Thankfully my luck changed today when I made a late afternoon visit to twitch the Temminck's stint that Alastair Gray had found earlier in the day.
courtesy of Elliot Chandler and Twitter

  • There were two other birders there when I arrived, and Jonathan pointed me to the stint which was feeding at the water's edge in the distance


Phew!


Year total = 206

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.