Tuesday 6 October 2020

05/10/2020 Three of the best in Norfolk!

Monday 5 October 2020

Norfolk


A dear birding friend died recently and I agreed to help the family to organise the sale of his birding equipment.  My dealer of choice was Cley Spy in Holt, Norfolk as they have provided me with excellent service over the years.  I decided to deliver the items personally so I could get a few hours birding in afterwards - my first visit since February!

.An early start found me at Cley Spy by 09.15 and birding from 10.15 through to 13.30.  The weather was overcast but mild.


  • My first port of call was to nearby Salthouse where I was lucky to see a red-necked phalarope on the ponds just a few metres north of the A149.

courtesy of Paul Baker and Twitter


  • Next stop was just south of Wells Woods to see the long-staying red-backed shrike which was showing nicely on the fence on the west side of the track.
courtesy of Marcus Nash

  • I just had time to call in at Wighton, south of Wells, on the way home to catch up with the Hoopoe that has been around for some time.
courtesy of Sean Gray and Twitter

I even managed to bump into Marcus whilst looking at the Hoopoe.  What a pity I had to cancel the latest trip due to start on Thursday.




Back home and back into lockdown by 16.45 after securing a good deal for the equipment and a delightful Norfolk twitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.