Monday 5 November 2018

05/11/2018 Beachy Head - Dipped on Pallas's Warbler

Monday 5 November 2018
Old Trapping Area, Beachy Head, Sussex

  • I dipped on the Pallas's Warbler this afternoon.  A few sharp-eyed birders got a fleeting glimpse of the bird moving around the dense bushes at the rear of the old trapping area but by the time I moved the 10 metres or so to get into position it had gone.  With light rain around I gave up after just over an hour.
There were some positives however.
  • I had several sightings of the Firecrest near the top of the bushes.
  • A very friendly Goldcrest came with 2 feet of me as I was looking for the warbler - totally oblivious to all that was going on around it.

You can't win them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.