Wednesday 6 December 2017

06/12/17 Parrot Crossbills at Santon Warren in Norfolk

Wednesday 6 December 2017
Santon Warren, Norfolk

I was reunited with my scope today after it was returned to Cley Spy by Swarovski following a month in Austria being repaired.  I agreed to collect the scope in person in the hope of finding a rare bird whilst I was in the Norfolk area.  Boy was I lucky!

Parrot Crossbills were around and in large numbers when I got the call to say my scope was ready.   
  • I was able to twitch these lovely birds on the way home this afternoon after drawing a blank on the way up this morning.  
  • A brilliant scope view of 4 of them in a dead tree in the conifer wood near the car park by the railway crossing provided the highlight of the day.



What a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.