Thursday 31 August 2017

30/08/2017 My first time at Abberton Reservoir - Red-necked Phalarope



Wednesday 30 August 2017
Abberton Reservoir, Essex


  • A flying visit, in wet conditions, to Abberton Reservoir to. see the juvenile Red-necked Phalarope.  The views were terrific!

  
This was my first visit to the area.  I didn't actually get onto the reserve proper, as the phalarope was in the NE corner of the reservoir, viewable from the screen by St Andrew's Church, Abberton village some distance from the main reserve and hides.

When I eventually got round to the entrance, they were just locking up.  I'm afraid it's another of those reserves which call time when the Visitor Centre closes.  A pity,  as there seemed to be lots of birds around, including a Pectoral Sandpiper.



One for a future visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.