Friday 9 September 2016

08/09/2016 Press Ridge Warren

Thursday 8 September 2016
Patch Report

I had time to spend a couple of hours on my patch at Churlwood this afternoon.  The raptor viewing point at Press Ridge Warren provided me with some interesting sightings.  Weather conditions were very good; it was dry and sunny with a light breeze.


  • A hobby flew high above us (I met Bob J as I was leaving) and we enjoyed good views.
  • The lone whinchat, seen in the tree to the left of the downhill path, was perhaps my bird of the day.
  • 25+ linnets zoomed in and out of the area all afternoon.
  • A couple of stonechats spent all afternoon on and around the fence either side of the downhill path.
  • 3 ravens passed overhead, "cronking" loudly.
  • At least 3 buzzards were seen from my lofty viewing point.
  • A handful of swallows and house martins displayed throughout.



A very rewarding visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.